Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cake and Roses


This is a cake I recently made for my friend, Meagan, who is having a baby.  Another friend, Amy, showed me how to make roses and since then I've liked to add them to most cakes I make. As I've found, roses cover a host of mistakes in the frosting.

I saw the idea to do a half moon shape on the top with roses on some website after doing a "google" search for ideas on cake decorating.




This cake is by no means perfect, but it's come a long way since I started six and a half years ago with my son's birthday cake. It was supposed to be a rocket, but at least one person asked if it was a fish.


On an unrelated note, I can see that I need to get a little bit better with my photography. The lighting and backgrounds definitely could use some improvement!

1 comment:

  1. Jill your talent amazes me, your blog is amazing also. Love the picture of Evan on the side, it brings back memories. Give Amy a hug for me the next time you see her.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete